One of my new favorite things is doctoring up already prepared foods and pretending I made them from scratch! Markets have so many healthy options, and with your own kick or twist, you can turn prepared food into gourmet food. Serve it in a gorgeous copper bowl (this one is from Terrain, but currently sold out), with a funky bohemian napkin - bon appetite!
See below for Jalapeño Mac & Cheese Recipe!
1 Box Marie Callender's Mac & Cheese
Veggies: 1 Fresh Jalapeño, Broccoli
Optional: Bread Crumbs (Trader Joes Brand) & Sriracha
Extra: Salt, Butter
1. Cut a half or whole jalapeño into a few tiny pieces. If you can handle the heat, you can use the entire pepper in larger pieces!
2. You could microwave your Mac & Cheese to save time, but if you can, I suggest using the oven. Read your package for directions. Usually takes about 30 minutes. If you let it defrost first, it will take less time.
3. Add jalapenos about halfway through the cooking process so they can cook too. Mix them through the mac, so it soaks in the flavor.
4. While you wait for your Mac & Cheese, break apart fresh broccoli into a sauce pan. Tons of butter and a little salt.
5. Pour Mac & Cheese into a fancy bowl. Drizzle optional ingredients: bread crumbs & sriracha. Bon appetite!