But I don't have any kids! I have a husband. A new husband. He sometimes sees patients without a lunch break, and that is just not okay with me. Today we went to Target, and I found this nifty little Rubermaid tupperware that is sectioned off for salad. As you can see, I didn't use it for salad, but it's perfect for one! The little green section with cheese, crackers and nuts fits right on top of the yogurt and fruit bin. Ah. Maze. Ing. Now if only he can remember it tomorrow! (Yes, I put a post-it note on the door.) #bestwifeeveraward
Fruit Cup (A medley of strawberries, cantaloupe, pineapple and blueberries purchased from the local supermarket)
Ranch Dip (a thicker kind so it doesn't get all over the place)
Sharp Cheddar (From Target - comes precut! Super easy)
Almond and Cashew Medley (both from Trader Joes)
One of my new favorite things is doctoring up already prepared foods and pretending I made them from scratch! Markets have so many healthy options, and with your own kick or twist, you can turn prepared food into gourmet food. Serve it in a gorgeous copper bowl (this one is from Terrain, but currently sold out), with a funky bohemian napkin - bon appetite!
See below for Jalapeño Mac & Cheese Recipe!
1 Box Marie Callender's Mac & Cheese
Veggies: 1 Fresh Jalapeño, Broccoli
Optional: Bread Crumbs (Trader Joes Brand) & Sriracha
Extra: Salt, Butter
1. Cut a half or whole jalapeño into a few tiny pieces. If you can handle the heat, you can use the entire pepper in larger pieces!
2. You could microwave your Mac & Cheese to save time, but if you can, I suggest using the oven. Read your package for directions. Usually takes about 30 minutes. If you let it defrost first, it will take less time.
3. Add jalapenos about halfway through the cooking process so they can cook too. Mix them through the mac, so it soaks in the flavor.
4. While you wait for your Mac & Cheese, break apart fresh broccoli into a sauce pan. Tons of butter and a little salt.
5. Pour Mac & Cheese into a fancy bowl. Drizzle optional ingredients: bread crumbs & sriracha. Bon appetite!